JOKER-N Timing Advance Processor (TAP)
The AEB549N is designed to offer timing advance on vehicles using an alternate fuel such as Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) or Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG). The original gasoline/petrol timing curve is used as a map or reference to generate a new performance spark timing curve. The AEB549N works with your standard factory ignition to produce a curve for CNG or LPG. Plus it retains the original curve for gasoline/petrol . The AEB549N is superior to Dual Curve timing recurve products (such as PN 4066, 795, etc) because the timing advance can customized to the advance requirements of the engine instead of non-adjustable LPG or CNG curves of the Dual Curve products.
The AEB549N passes-through the coil-loading current from the ignition module and adjusts the timing advance curve by slightly shortening this current according to the configuration microswitches. The advance curve is not a fixed amount that is added to the gasoline curve but is one that varies with RPM. It automatically adjusts the advance timing to improve performance, reduce fuel consumption, and reduce the risk of backfiring.
There are 4 advance amounts available (6° - 9° - 12° - 15°)by microswitch selection . For example, if 12° of advance were selected, the additional CNG/LPG advance curve will:
- Start at 6° at idle
- Increase gradually to 12° at ~1200 RPM
- Remain at 12° for ~1200 to ~3500 RPM
- Decrease gradually from 12° at ~3500 to 0° at ~5000 RPM
The AEB549N does not generate its own coil-loading current and uses a modified current supplied by the vehicle's ignition module.
The AEB549N is designed for ignitions that use electronic distributors with negative-ground, computer-controlled ignition modules. These ignitions have a dwell length that can be greater than 80% of the time between spark events.
- 4, 5, 6, 8 cylinder engines
- Ford TFI (Thick Film Ignition)
- GM HEI (High Energy Ignition)
- The AEB549N is NOT recommended for ignition systems that extend the coil-loading current 10% longer with the TAP compared without the TAP.
- The AEB549N is NOT recommended for breaker-point distributor systems. Use the AEB531 instead.
- The AEB549N is NOT recommended for odd-fire engines.
- The AEB549N is NOT recommended for distributor ignition systems that have stand-alone control of the dwell timing (i.e., dwell length less than 80% of the time between spark events). The AEB526N may be a better TAP for these types of systems.
- The AEB549N is NOT recommended for distributorless ignition systems. AEB510N may be a better TAP for these applications.
- Supply voltage 10 - 14 Vdc
- Unit offers 4, 5, 6 or 8 cylinder calibration.
- 4 advance adjustments for CNG, LPG ignition advance curves(6° - 9° - 12° - 15°)
- Gasoline/Petrol advance curve remains unchanged but current to coil is now controlled by the AEB549N.
- Advance can be disabled in deceleration and when idling by microswitch programming.
- Emergency bypass plug allows the use of the OEM ignition system if there any problem with the AEB549N.
- Easy DIY installation
- AEB549N controls coil-loading current in both gasoline and LPG/CNG operation.
- THIS ITEM SHIPS DIRECT FROM TECHNOCARB. DUE TO LIMITED DEMAND FOR THIS PRODUCT, THERE MAY BE A LEAD TIME OF SEVERAL WEEKS BEFORE SHIPMENT.
HOW IS THE ADVANCE CREATED WITH THE DUALCURVE 40622?
The DC 40622 will electronically delay the factory set timing signal 15 degrees. The user must mechanically move the distributor timing ahead or advanced 15 degrees. Add 15 degrees to the original factory gasoline set point. With the 15 degree delay for gasoline, the Recurve can then provide timing advance for the higher octane LPG/CNG fuel. At idle on LPG fuel, only 10 degrees (CNG fuel, only 13 degrees)additional advance will appear on your timing device. The other degrees(5 LPG or 2 CNG) of timing are used to compute a smooth, accurate timing for RPM changes. After the (gray wire loop) fuel timing program is set-up and selected. The fuel selector switch will select the proper timing program via the yellow wire.
Timing Advance Processor - Joker-N
- Brand: AEB Alternative Fuel Electronics
- Product Code: AEB549N
- Availability: Pre-Order